The best family vacations are composed of quality moments together, offline time from devices, disconnection from the day-to-day, and epic adventures experienced together.
All of these ingredients are naturally included when you take an RV trip with the family. Other types of vacations like flights to far-away locales or hotel extravaganzas can lend themselves to separation between you and the family — if you aren’t careful.
We’re probably biased, but we happen to think that an RV vacation is the perfect family vacation because of the connection it creates.
Connection between you and your family.
Connection with your family to nature.
And connection to the simpler things.
That’s why we put together this post to show you why an RV trip is the perfect family vacation.
10 Reasons Why An RV Trip Is The Perfect Family Vacation
- RV vacations create offline time — While it’s possible to RV to campsites with strong WiFi and cell signals, we encourage you to take advantage of a natural feature of RV vacations — the ability to escape civilization.
Even if you’re in a big city, it doesn’t take long to rent an RV and drive for an hour or two to reach disconnected spaces. National parks, national forests, and rural lands are close to just about anywhere and provide radio-free zones for you to focus on family.
- Campfires are the great equalizer — RVing vacations necessitate a steady flow of campfires. Adults, rambunctious kiddos, and rebellious teens can all forget their differences around a campfire because it connects with the inner caveman (or woman) in all of us.
- RV trips are refreshing — Never underestimate the healing power of fresh air. RV trips cause you to sleep under the stars and wake up to the crispest of outdoor air.
That stuff heals you. It restores you. And it’ll give your whole family a refresh that they probably need.
- RV trips are affordable — RVs come with kitchens included and feature cozy sleeping nooks for the whole family. These amenities save you money on eating out and on paying for multiple hotel rooms.
In fact, hotel prices have increased year-over-year at a rate that far outpaces RV rental prices. That’s why RVing vacations continue to be one of the most fun and cost-effective ways to travel.
- RV trips encourage family meal time — Whether you gather with the family around the RV table or cook over the campfire with a Dutch Oven, RVing naturally creates family meal time.
If you’ve been having trouble getting the family together for meals at home, an RV trip will virtually guarantee this togetherness.
- RV trips are more relaxing than other forms of travel — We surveyed travelers of all stripes and found that a bunch of them said they felt more relaxed taking an RV trip than other means of travel like cruises, flights, hotels, etc.
That’s probably because they didn’t have to deal with dockside security, the TSA, or a check-in desk to start enjoying time with the family.
- Camping vacations inspire adventurous kids — Kids that take RV trips are more inclined to develop a wandering spirit. And adventurous kids usually grow up to be highly successful adults with attitudes toward discovery, exploration, and creativity.
Check out these 10 ways to inspire wanderlust in your kids during your RV trip.
- RVing ties you back to nature — Whether you enjoy hunting and fishing, hiking, boating, mountain biking, or any number of nature activities, RVs literally put outdoor playgrounds at your doorstep.
All you have to do is get with your family to decide which playground you want to park at.
- RV trips help create family activities — How long has it been since you and the family played a board game or did any sort of activity together?
Our guess is it’s probably been a while.
Camping trips are natural fits with all sorts of fun family activities that’ll get you bonding.
- RV trips = road trips — Renting a camper for your next vacation means you’ll be road-tripping with the family (unless you choose a stationary RV delivery to a campground near you). Road trips cause discovery of the spaces in between.
Road trips also open your eyes to places that you might otherwise have flown over.
Whether you take one of these spooky road trips this season or RV at another time of year, a road trip vacation is just as much about the destination as it is about the journey.
RV trips are the perfect family vacation because they create a natural environment for bonding and connection. RVing vacations beat out all other forms of travel in terms of the flexibility, affordability, and tranquility they offer you. So, the next time you start looking for a family vacation — check out our RVs for rent and get rolling.