Explore the coast, the mountains, wineries and everything California has to offer! In this fully 'loaded' 2020 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4 170 EXT diesel completely upfitted using reclaimed wood and top end components!
This van is for everyone! If you want to go remote for the ultimate mt biking, trekking or trail running adventure, or if you want to visit wineries and cruise the coast (or a bit of both! It has everything you need.
Get off the grid with a solar/lithium system with AC/DC charging, cell booster, dimmable LED lights, kitchen, bathroom with shower/toilet, hot water, heating, insulated window covers, ventilation, queen size bed, plenty of storage and an awesome bike/gear garage!
Rear seat has seat belts and safety attachment hook for a car seat
A small bed (can fit a full size adult) can be made up in the front area if you stow the table and seat out of the way (super easy) - we have a folding mattress for this that can stow in the rear of the van.
Sleeping configurations - Can hold up to 3 adults (2 in bed, 1 on front sleeping pad) or 2 adults + 2 kids) - there are 5 seatbelts.
Low mileage, brand new 2020
Current features on these Mercedes vans like smart cruise control, stay in lane notifications etc.
360 degree camera system makes it very easy to back up and navigate through crowded parking lots etc.
Roadside assistance in the event of a breakdown
Apple CarPlay & Android Auto
Very fuel efficient for a vehicle of this size - 17-19 mpg
4x4 & 17” rugged tires can handle dirt roads well
So many extras, check out all of the details below
- Motion sensing Security LED lights that can magnetize to outside of van at night
- Laptop and valuables Safe to keep your things locked up while out on an adventure
- The Club security steering wheel lock to prevent theft
- 2 bunk windows with screens that open for airflow
- Rear Passenger slider window with screen
- FULL PRIVACY! Very easy to attach - Insulated magnetic window covers for the entire van - complete privacy and blackout, even in the middle of the day!
- Gorgeous birch butcher block countertops and tables
- Screen magnetic/zipper “doors” for both the front sliding door and rear garage door - great in summer to keep it cool and bugs out!
- Tons of storage cabinets with gas springs, closet for hanging jackets, pants, shirts etc.
- 2 person rear passenger seat with seatbelts - easily folds out of the way for more space!
- 2 person passenger bench seat in front with seatbelts
- Plenty of seating for dining in front - ‘large’ table stows easily when driving
- Front drivers seat rotates for more seating space
- Another rear bench seating area by bed with small pull out table for relaxing, laptop work etc.
- Queen size bed with reading lamps, USB charging and cubbies for phones
- Overhead dimmable LED lighting throughout van
- LED lights in cabinets light up when you open each cabinet door
- LED lamps with USB outlets above bed and rear seating area
- Fire extinguishers in front and back
- Vacuum cleaner and broom/dustpan for easy cleanup
- Van is insulated very well with 3M Thinsulate
- 2 MAXXAIR fans with temperature control - can pull/push air individually or together
- 2 wall mounted small multi-speed fans (one by bed, one by passenger seat)
- Espar Heater with high altitude thermostat - programmable to get the place warm when you want it
- Dimmable LED lights
- Stainless steel backsplash
- 3 burner gas stove
- Hot/cold water sink - drains into graywater tank
- Dish drainer
- Nespresso maker, comes with 4x pods per rental day
- Kitchen towels, sponges
- Dishes for up to 4 people
- Knives & Utensils
- Trash can under sink - extra trash bags
- Pantry drawer for food storage
- 50L Fridge/Freezer (Freezer is 7L) - (there is space in the garage or in front behind
passenger seat for an extra drink cooler)
- 24 x 36 shower area
- Hot/Cold showerhead stows out of the way when not using
- Body Wash and Shampoo dispenser (includes soaps)
- Pull out the drawer with Nature’s Head composting toilet (easy to use and works great
stink free!) - allows you to stow the toilet for max space while showering
- Queen size bed
- Reading lamps
- Overhead and wall fans
- Plenty of storage space for clothing
CONNECTIVITY - INTERNET/PHONE
- WeBoost cell signal amplifier with roof mounted antenna - will boost your available cell signal regardless of network
- 400watt rooftop solar system charges batteries when there is sun
- 370ah lithium battery bank stores enough power for 2 days (with reasonable use)
- Shore power allows charging from RV ports or a standard AC outlet
- Battery system also charges when vehicle is on and in motion - NO IDLING
- 2000W Inverter with 3 AC outlets throughout van (Only for laptops/smaller electronic
items, Nespresso and water heater)
- The system is big enough to handle a few days of use without refilling, this is with reasonable use only.
- 32 gallon freshwater tank with easy fill port
- 22 gallon graywater tank
- 4 gallon hot water heater serves both kitchen and shower
- Transfer pump for emptying graywater tank or filling freshwater tank (if needed).
- Garage Spray port with sprayer for rinsing muddy bikes, or yourself after a long ride or run.
- Dimmable LED light dedicated to garage
- 2 bike slide out rack holds most bikes
- Bike repair arm for tuning up bikes etc.
- Additional hitch mount 2x bike rack available as an add-on
- Up to 29” front wheels can stow safely on inside of van doors (not fatbikes)
- Air compressor with heads for inflating bikes, the van etc..
- Battery jump starter for jumping the van (or a buddy) if needed
- Small roadside toolkit
- Bungees and attachment points for tying down extra gear
- Plenty of space for stashing boards (bikes+boards may require some creativity -
recommended you use hitch rack if doing bikes and boards)
- 2 camping chairs are included for outside seating
Plenty of great spots in the Central Coast to check out, and countless others within 2-4 hours! The van has access to Harvest Hosts which gives you free winery and farm stays.
- Edna Valley and Paso Robles Wine Country
- Hearst Castle - Elephant Seals -San Simeon
- Big Sur Hiking and Camping
- Santa Cruz Biking, Hiking, Running and more!
- The Sierras Skiing, Hiking, Running, Exploring
- so so much around here!
Other things to note
Of course with a van like this there are some big no-no’s and we ask you to respect them as doing these can result in $1000’s of damage you can be liable for.
- NO 4Wheeling - This van is 4x4 but it does not mean it’s a 4WD vehicle for 4-wheeling.
The extended wheelbase is very long, the vehicle is heavy and you can get in trouble very
fast if you try anything other than established roadways.
- NO Sand - No driving on beaches, or offroad on desert sand.
- NO Mods - No modifying or tweaking anything on the power or water systems - not only
can this result in a bad electric shock, but the damage can cause permanent results to
you and the system.
- NO Speeding - No going above the speed limit - and highly recommended you go 5mph
below speed limit when on certain mountain or coastal roads (HWY 1 is very windy and
treacherous) - speed and location can be monitored with this van.
NO HAIR DRYERS, curlers or bringing any of your own plug-in AC appliances.
NO POWER TOOLS (not sure why these would be used, but please no plug in power tools).
NO DRINKING & DRIVING - should go without saying, but don’t get carried away wine tasting and always use a designated driver. (some wineries allow camper stays now, ask around).
NO SMOKING, tobacco or anything else! - The smell will get everywhere and a hefty cleaning fee will be charged.
NO TOWING - there’s a hitch but with this longer wheelbase and plenty of space inside, we allow the hitch to be used for rack attachments only (bike racks, moto rack, etc)
Passengers must ALWAYS be in seatbelts while vehicle is in motion.
ABSOLUTELY NO PETS
NO IDLING - this is not good for the van and can cause a lot of damage - not an approved method of charging the batteries.
NO CANDLES - no need to light any flames inside of the van (apart from the propane stove)
NO sanitary napkins or any other misc objects in the toilet! - toilet paper is ok
NO hair, food or anything other than water down the drains
BIODEGRADABLE soaps only down the drains!
NO crossing international borders
NO going to the snow without special permission - we would need to talk through snow chains, driving experience in snow etc
The key to successfully adventuring in a van is to conserve power and water. If you are looking to use as much power as you want, either get a hotel or plug in at an RV park/campground. The water system does not have ‘city water’ hookups, so you would need to constantly refill the water tank if you want long showers and/or are rinsing your bikes off a lot.
The keys to conserving energy are:
2-4 minute showers, minimal hair washing, turning the water off while you soap up
Turn the water heater on 20 minutes before use, turn off after 45 minutes, water in tank will stay hot for 12 hours
When doing dishes, fill the sink halfway with soapy water, do dishes then repeat with freshwater for rinsing
Use hot water only for showering, or heat a small pot of water for dishes
Turn AC inverter on only when using AC outlets (or connected to shore power)
Turn lights, fans on only while using
Switch off DC outlets when not using